The Hatteras Difference...
Our Rope . . .
is of the highest quality, meeting and exceeding standards for quality, durability, and strength. The process begins with miles of yarns being formed into piles. Three piles are twisted and balanced to create our 3-ply rope.
- All 100% natural cotton yarns are used to craft our classic cotton rope hammocks. Cotton, as a natural fiber, is soft and creates a comfortable hammock bed.
- 100% polyester rope is soft spun for comfort and adds more resistance to the outdoors.
- All DuraCord®, or color rope, is created from weather resistant, color fast, solution-dyed yarn. It has the softness of cotton with the durability of handling harsh elements of the outdoors.
Our Fabric . . .
is solution-dyed DuraCord for color fastness, stain and mildew resistance, and longer outdoor life. All DuraCord fabrics are custom designed for the Hatteras Hammocks line and are not available on any other hammock. The revolutionary DuraCord fabric is synthetic yarn that incorporates a cotton-like feel. The very latest in color trends have been studied to create the vast collection of designs. The quilted fabric hammock uses polyester fiber-fill batting.
Our Hanging Hardware . . .
On a hammock or swing, the greatest amount of stress is placed at the point of the hanging chains and rings. Our hanging hardware is the largest and heaviest steel in the industry. Our signature one-piece ring and chain adjustable hook eliminates the possibility of loss when in storage. Our hardware is plated with zinc for long outdoor life. Every hammock also includes the hardware (tree-hooks) needed for tree installation.
Our Wood . . .
The wood components in our products are meant to take the weather of the outdoors.
- Solid Cumaru (also called Brazilian Teak), used in our hammock spreader bars, is a dense hardwood that is resistant to rot or splitting from sun exposure. It naturally weathers to a beautiful, silver-gray patina. The cumaru used for Hatteras Hammocks products is harvested from managed forest projects.
- Oak is used on the Classic Hatteras Hammock spreader bars, swing arms and other supports. It receives multiple hand-dipped coats of marine grade varnish to seal the wood from the elements.
- Southern Cypress is used in the creation of the Roman Arc® hammock and swing stands. It is bonded by a radio-frequency gluing process and then formed into the award winning arching design.
Our Stands . . .
The heaviest weight steel in the industry is used for our hammock and swing stands. The Tri-Beam® hammock stand, an original design, easily assembles without the need for any tools. Spring pins are used for maximum safety of assembly. In the crafting of the stand foot brackets, the signature Right Connection® welding process is used, creating a strong 360 degree weld. A long lasting Cape Shield® powder coat finish is placed on all steel products.